Friday, April 9, 2010

Migration to Australia - DIY - my experience


We have made our first entry to Australia after receiving our PR visa in 2009. It was a wonderful trip, enjoyed with loved ones.
Friends were asking how we got the Australian PR. Instead of sharing what we know with a handful of friends, what better way to spread the news over the internet, hopefully more would benefit from it.

We applied for the Australian PR without engaging an agent ( even if you are engaging one, make sure your agent is registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) ). This particular DIY effort had help us to save more than 50% compared to going through an agent.

Why DIY? Apart from the obvious $$$ savings, my case is relatively straight forward. On the other hand I wanted to learn the whole process and I believe I would be able to learn more about Australia through the application processes.
The downside was since I had to do everything myself, I had dragged my application by almost one year, I submitted my application by the time my skill assessment result is close to being expired.

You could connect to the Department of Immigration & Citizenship of Australia website for detailed and updated information. There are varies types of visas for general skill migration.

I was very lucky that I passed the minimum 120 point test so I decided to apply for 'Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)' visa for my family of four ( 2 adults and 2 children). This means we are free to stay in any states when we settle down in Australia. I have divided my application process into steps below:

1 comment:

  1. There can be a lot of fraud involved in the process of applying for a permanent residency visa for migrating to countries like Canada, New Zealand and Australia.

    I have personally lived in Australia for 4 years. I studied BBA in Central Queensland University, Sydney, and I am aware that a lot of people have lost money with fraudsters representing as Registered Migration Agents.

    However, I know a few people who have processed their Australian PR applications through a migration agent named Tariq Dadu, he is registered with MARA.

    This guy will only represent you when he knows for sure that your application will be successful. His Migration Agents Registration Number is 1385166. His company is called Dadu Education & Migration Services (DEMS).

    You can search for him on> https://www.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents/

    You can contact him on: Aus.DEMS@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete